Monday, January 31, 2011

OK to Love a Second Time?

Cold with a windy wetness that cuts right through to the you of you, especially if you've been walking all day. It turns me on. It makes me so happy to be using my legs as a method for covering the distance and seeing over the horizon, or in this case more correctly past the next group of buildings and intersections. I feel the earth move under my feet. The tatami maker I talked to smiled and looked at me as if I must be joking . . . thinking that having 5 tatamis recovered would somehow bring the price down per tatami.

A local Jinga
Down by the banks of the river Yada I finally had a chance to talk to one of the "pirate" gardeners. I meant to just ask him if I could  take his picture but we got to talking about gardening and he urged me to join--the next plot was available he said. He smiled and laughed a lot as did I. I want to do it. Farming on public land in the heart of a major city is so spicy. How could the pirate and the gardener in me resist? Fun, fun! And to shoot the video of the river, the gardeners--city in the background and my garden. Very sweet revolution. After smiles and handshakes I forgot all about taking the picture.

A  View of The Yada River
Kaime's 1st day at his "保育園"--his Japanese kindergarten. He's really being thrown into a different sea but he seems game for it and I'm so excited to hear his report when he comes home this afternoon. The boy prattles on in English non-stop and I wonder if being surrounded by kids who don't get it will slow him down or if he'll gracefully segue into Japanese.

 
Kaime practicing

No comments:

Post a Comment